Tuesday, December 04, 2012

NYUK! NYUK! Three Stooges Assignment 1993

Three Stooges Illo. by Mudge Studios 1993

Featured above is a photo of the magazine cover illustration by Mudge Studios for Card Collector's Price Guide back in 1993. Back then, I worked with Liquitex Acrylics on Strathmore Illustration board using watercolor techniques in this piece. From left to right stand Larry, Curley and Moe- known collectively as The Three Stooges. After this periodical hit the newstands, I received a phone call from a Three Stooges collector who wished to purchase the original artwork from me. He was looking to acquire the original illustration, the Three Stooges Trading Card Featured on the cover as well as a copy of the Price Guide. He offered a fair price so I sold the Collector the art. He eventually mailed me a picture of the completed collection that he had professionally matted and framed. 
The Three Stooges were Slapstick at its best. Moe, Larry and Curly were an American Vaudeville Act that churned out some of the funniest short films ever made. When I was a kid going back to the 70's and 80's, I was fortunate that the Three Stooges reruns were frequently broadcasted on a UHF station that our family could actually get with the antenna that my dad had bolted to the side of the house. All of The Three Stooges films that I have seen were all shot in Black and White which certainly stamps these gems as classic. Funny, Just the other day, I stumbled upon the Stooges and there I remained for over an hour. The Three Stooges certainly stand the test of time as I chuckled immediately on site. Turns out our twenty something year old daughter even watches the Stooges periodically.
Checkout some of The Three Stooges Swag in the widget to your right that Mudge has recommended from Amazon.com.

No comments: