Monday, December 03, 2012

Gangnam Style... Heeey Sexy Lady!

Oppan Pugnam Style by Mudge Studios

Really enjoyed our Thanksgiving celebration in scenic Vermont this year. It was a pleasure as several of our relatives from Canada were able to join us for the festivities. I had an opportunity to chat with the kids and some of the teens in particular about current events and some pop culture. I asked them if they'd heard of Gangnam Style. The response was electric as everybody had heard of PSY and some of them knew how to do that horse riding dance. Of course, one of them had to get the smart phone out and start playing the YouTube videos of PSY's Gangnam Style. I have to admit, the tune was catchy. I can see why PSY's video went viral. Are we talking about a K-pop invasion?

Anyway, I had a few hours between projects- so I thought that I'd have a little fun with a Gangnam Style parody. The illustration below is titled Op, Op, Op, op…. Oppan Pugnam Style. Featured are three pugs sporting cool shades with attitude. The Pug is styling' in his black suit as he does the horse dance. The background gives a glimpse of what Gangnam, South Korea looks like. Only Wish that I could animate.

I've Selected some Gangnam Style Swag sold over at Amazon.com. You can see all of the PSY and Gangnam Style Merch in the widgets on your right. Some of my favorites include: The officially licensed PSY t-shirts by YG Entertainment. The Caricature of PSY by the Korean Artist is spot on. Also have some Gangnam Style MP3 files too. Just had to include some of the parodies! 
Pugnam Style by Mudge Studios- Oppan Gangnam Style Parody

No comments: