Thursday, January 03, 2013

I Dig Dinosaurs Triceratops Design


Triceratops Skull T-shirt
I Dig Dinosaurs Tee at Mudge's Zazzle Shop
I dig dinosaurs- especially Triceratops. Triceratops comes to us from the Greek language meaning Three-Horned face. These dinosaurs thrived in what is now North America during the late Cretaceous Period which was about 68 to 65 million years ago. For decades, there has been much speculation as to the many possible purposes for the three horns and frill. Defense against predators, courtship display and even the assistance in regulating Triceratop's body temp have been debated. For me this is a no-brainer. Since childhood I was awed by this magnificent beast with its armor plated skull and built in lances. As I played with my plastic dinosaur toys, I imagined and reenacted the epic battles against Triceratop's foe- the king of the terrible lizards… tyrannosaurus rex. I recall several classic dinosaur paintings and illustrations by Charles R. Knight and others depicting such a scene. As a kid, I most always pictured the Great Three-horn like a tank relentlessly marching forward and ending the conflict with its brow spears penetrating deep into the T-Rex's soft abdomen. I think that it had to do with thinking that T- Rex was the bad guy, the bully that would terrorize all the other dinosaurs in its kingdom. I always pictured Triceratops as the only dinosaur that could stand up to M. T.

Check out our cool I dig Dinosaurs shirts and stickers from Mudge Studios. Featured is a painting of a classic Triceratops skull with the slogan 'I Dig Dinosaurs' rendered as a prehistoric rock formation. Our I dig dinosaurs mercy makes Great Gift Ideas for Dinosaur Lovers and aspiring paleontologists of all ages. Some of our smaller I dig Dinosaurs items also make for awesome party favors for that special Dinosaur birthday. There is a variety of dino stickers, triceratops cake toppers, dino plates, dinosaur coasters and more to chose from. Dinosaurs Rock! Be sure to Check out our Mudge Studios' Dinosaur Shops below.



No comments: