Thursday, January 07, 2010

Coincidence or Intuned with Eywa?

On Tuesday I was on a mission. I am working hard to consolidate my Premium Shops at CafePress. I currently have 13 Premium shops and I desire to trim that number down for ease of management and marketing. Tuesday's assignment was to transfer my content including text, designs and products from my ProjectEarthDay shop over to a designated Earth Day section at my Mudge Studios Premium CafePress store  as seen below.

I was making great progress when my daughter Mariah called me that afternoon and asked me if I wanted to see Avatar. Initially, I had my reservations thinking that the experience was going to be similar to that of playing a high end video game. I wasn't sure whether director James Cameron was going to pull his + $300,000,000 project off in a convincing fashion, so I didn't rush out for this one. Well... I was wrong. The technology used to bring his blue alien people to life was pure genius. Avatar introduced me to a whole new world in Pandora- the landscape, skyscape, flora and fauna are simply- breath taking. It didn't take me long to empathize with the Na'vi ( those blue aliens mentioned previously) and form a connection to their  beautiful philosophy concerning life, energy and a harmony with nature.
Anyway, after watching Avatar, I couldn't wait to get back to the studios and put together a few new Earth Day designs inspired by the movie. I tweaked a few of my established Earthday designs and added Avatar inspired slogans such as: Earth is My Home Tree and "All Energy is Borrowed; at some point you have to return it".

 I know that many of us celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd of each year, but after seeing Avatar, I realize that Every Day should be Earth Day. We only have one Mother Earth aka Mother Nature and we need to protect and cherish her. Appreciate Mother Nature like the Na'vi and Wear our unique Earth Day Gear to spread the word. I can see a future where those who have become green aspire to become an even more sublime hue... blue.

No comments: