Sunday, January 17, 2010

My way to Help Haiti

 
The absolute destruction that the earthquake in Haiti caused touched my heart deeply. I felt compelled to help in some way. Cafepress offered an opportunity to donate Haiti relief designs to the cause. I spent the time creating the Haiti design featured above. I submitted my Haiti design with the attached email... "Thanks for the opportunity to contribute in a way that could potentially be larger than what I can afford to give out of pocket. Attached is my design contribution.
Thank you,
Allen Mudgett
Mudge Studios"
Unfortunately, I received the following response... "Thank you so much for supporting UNICEF and the people of Haiti.  We were overwhelmed with the number of submissions for the store. We are no longer accepting design donations however, we are very grateful for your support and thank you for taking the time to help."

Anyway, I need to help. I set up  a separate Haiti Needs Love  CafePress shop apart from my Mudge Studios efforts. This will make it very easy to account for all proceeds made directly from this Haiti Relief design. I hope that the effort is successful- although this design won't be featured on the Haiti Relief Portal.
As human beings we are all connected. If there is anyway that you can help. Please find your way. Bless the people of Haiti.

No comments: